aspnet_regiis to register ASP.NET on different server.

twdo

I am working on a hosting control panel. I am adding support for
multiple server and would like to know if aspnet_regiis.exe has a
switch for the server name. For example, I have an ASPX page running
on server1, where the control panel is located. The client wants to
update the .NET framework version of www.his-website.com, which
happens to be running on server6. If I do
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("aspnet_regiis -s W3SVC/234234234/
Root/") is there anyway that I can specify the server name in that
process? I can specify the server name for owsadm.exe for FrontPage
Extensions, specify the server name with the ADSI stuff, can I do the
same for this? I would imagine that I could, but I just can't find it.
Please help. I appreciate it in advance.

BTW - If any of you are wondering what control panel, it's
WindowsPanel at www.aspDotNetSoftware.com. It is the only Windows
Hosting Control Panel that comes with 100% of the source code. Yes,
shameful plug, but very few people know about it and it really is an
excellent product that is very well written.

Thanks,
John Johnson
Sr. Application Architect
Sr. Database Administrator
asp.netSoftware | Tampa Web Development

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> would like to know if aspnet_regiis.exe has a switch for the server name

No, it does not.
It only works on the machine it's running on.

If you want your clients to run aspnet_regiis on different boxes,
you'll have to provide access to System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("aspnet_regiis ...)
on the servers they have websites in.