    have rights to open this database? What is the proper way copy ASPNETDB to
    another webserver? What is the proper wat to admin aspnetdb.mdf on a
    non-development computer?

    Guest, Jan 19, 2006

    Bruce Barker Guest

    no. attaching a database requires sqladmin permissions (default with
    sqlexpress) but not something you'd want the asp.net account to have. you
    should supply a seperate installation script.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jan 19, 2006

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Hello Arne,
    No. Machine1\ASPNET and Machine2\ASPNET are not the same principal. And on
    the same computer Windows Explorer's file copy will only preserve ASPNET's
    ACLs for a file if the ASPNET user performs the copy (thus becoming the copy's
    owner), or the parent directory has ACLs for ASPNET set.
    A simple CMD shell script that copies the MDF file and runs CACLS to set
    access permissions for ASPNET should do the trick.

    Cheers,

    Joerg Jooss, Jan 19, 2006