aspnetdb.mdf problem

Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi

I'm fairly new to ASP.Net and SQL Server Express etc. I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to setup the website admin side of things. I've used the .Net built in Login control etc, and everything works fine.
The trouble comes when I try separating the ASPNETDB.MDF file from it's default place (App_Data folder).

I move ASPNETDB.MDF to another folder
I've modified the web.config file accordingly (under the <membership> tag)
I open the ASP.Net Configuration form inside Studio
It recognises the fact that I'm using the moved database

but...
As soon as I click on the 'Security' link, a new ASPNETDB.MDF is then created in the App_Data folder.
The tool then referes to this database and so does my application

I've tried numerous things, but seem to keep going round in circles

Can anyone help. I'm probably doing something stupid.....

Cheers,

Jugs