    regsql.exe. Reading back on my logs it got there on March 7th the day I was
    adding some web references.

    How might this have gotten added to the project?

    GaryDean, Apr 17, 2007

  2. Did you ever run the web site administrative tool? If so, it creates one.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 17, 2007

  3. Hi Gary,

    Have you used any of the ASP.NET 2.0's services (such as Membership,
    RoleManager, Profile ....) in your ASP.NET application? For all these
    services, ASP.NET 2.0 by default use a connectionstring pointed to a local
    "ASPNETDB.mdf" (under App_Data folder). here is the default
    connectionstring in the machine.config file:

    ============
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data
    source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated
    Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User
    Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    ============

    Also, whenever your ASP.NET application has called any code that use those
    services, if the runtime found that the "aspnetdb.mdf" is not existed, it
    will try creating it. That's is possibly the cause why you find the
    "ASPNETDB.mdf" file be created without your interactive operation.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 18, 2007
  4. Hi Gary,

    Does the information help you some? If you have any further question on
    this, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 23, 2007