Aspx is reading bad web.config

marek zegarek

Hello!

On my server I have Sharepoint portal server as default web site
I create there a web application folder with form.aspx file.
When I'm trying to run aspx, i get an error.
Page is trying to read config from x:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config.
Correct path is x:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\web.config.

How to force on application (or IIS or whatever) to use correct config?

Guest

the web.config file needs to be in the root of the web app. remove the
web.config under the inetpub\wwwroot. Why is that there anyway? I have
sharepoint portal on my box and the web.config is under the sharepoint
wwwroot\sharepoint folder
and that is also my default web site on my web server.

marek zegarek

web.config is in root directory of web application.I cannot remove second
(from inetpub/wwwroot), because it is Sharepoint config. File is there,
because probably you install Sharepoint not on default web site
(wwwroot\sharepoint).

Anyone have any idea?