attaching someconfusing results in webbrowser.open on gnulinux

krishnakant Mane

hello all,
I had mentioned previously that I can't open html files in python.
I have my username as krishna and there is a documents folder.
so when I give webbrowser.open("file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html")
on python prompt I get true as return value but web browser (firefox )
opens with page not found.
and the address bar shows the following address which indeed is wrong.
file:///home/krishna/"file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html"
I can't understand what is happening.
regards,
Krishnakant.

D.Hering

krishnakant said:
hello all,
I had mentioned previously that I can't open html files in python.
I have my username as krishna and there is a documents folder.
so when I give webbrowser.open("file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html")
on python prompt I get true as return value but web browser (firefox )
opens with page not found.
and the address bar shows the following address which indeed is wrong.
file:///home/krishna/"file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html"
I can't understand what is happening.
regards,
Krishnakant.

I'm not familiar with the module, but maybe a comparison with this
cookbook example will help:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/347810

Sion Arrowsmith

krishnakant Mane said:
when I give webbrowser.open("file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html")
on python prompt I get true as return value but web browser (firefox )
opens with page not found.
and the address bar shows the following address which indeed is wrong.
file:///home/krishna/"file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html"
I can't understand what is happening.

Neither can I, since webbrowser.open() (a) works fine for me
with a file: URL of that form using both Firefox and Konqueror
and (b) returns None in response to this success. This is with
2.4.4 -- what version are you running?