Attachment Size and SMTP EMail

Eric E

Hello All -

I am using python to send an email with a large zip file as an
attachment. I successfully sent a 52M attachment. If I try to send a
63M attachment or larger, the message never gets through. I do not
get any errors in my python code. I pasted my python code below.

from email.MIMEBase import MIMEBase
from email.MIMEMultipart import MIMEMultipart
from email import Encoders
import smtplib,os

mssg = MIMEMultipart()
part = MIMEBase('application',"octet-stream")
part.set_payload(open(zipFileName,"rb").read())
Encoders.encode_base64(part)
part.add_header('Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename="%s"' %
os.path.basename(zipFileName))
mssg.attach(part)

s = smtplib.SMTP('localhost')
s.set_debuglevel(1)
s.sendmail(fromAddr,toAddr,mssg.as_string())
s.quit()

I am using a Fedora Core 6 system with python 2.4.4.

Any suggestions on what could be limiting the attachment size or how I
could troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
EricE

Eric E

Does sending large attachements with other SMTP clients using
the same SMTP server work?

I do not know for sure. I recently downloaded msmtp 1.4.16 and am
still in the process of trying to get it to work.