beginner question: populating a form

Mr. T.

Hi,

i'm (finally) starting off with asp.net and have the following problem:

there's data in a table (MS Access) i want to edit through an asp.net page

so how i went and did this in asp was:

i executed my query, so i had a recordset (eg. called rs) with the values i
needed

and then in my form i went

<input type="text" name="myTextBox" value="<% = rs("myValue") %>">

and that worked

now this doesn't work in asp.net anymore - or at least i don't find a way to
do it

so this is my question: what's a simple way of achieving this in asp.net?

Regards,

Thomas

Guest

Take a look at the MS Quickstarts samples (installs with both VS.NET and the
..NET Framework SDK). There are tons of examples of best-practices code for
this and many other common operations. Its lots faster than posting to
newsgroups and waiting around for some kind soul to answer!
Peter