big problem with asp.net application trust level on new server

Aahz

I have asp.net 1.1 web site with two controls downloaded from internet
(obout slide menu and webcharts), which runs fine on the old server.
Few days ago my hosting provider sent me on new server with restricted
trust policy (medium trust). Since that I cannot configure my
web.config to run !!!
I have noticed that two controls mentioned above create problem (when I
remove them it works fine , without editing web.config at all ).

Can you please help me with my web.config setup (I tried with
<system.web>
<trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />, but doesn't work )

How can I set up my trust level to work with hosting trust policy and
still use those two controls ???

Thank you ;

Scott Allen

If you get a security exception the exception text should tell you
what permission the controls are being denied. Do you know what that
is?

Aahz

I got this:

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
oaknew._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+179
completedSynchronously) +87

What I have to do??

Scott Allen

Can you reproduce this exception on your local machine and get more
information about the exception? You could configure your development
machine with medium trust, run the debugger, and hopefully get more
information about the exception, like "permission of type "xyz"
failed".

Then you'll have to approach your ISP and ask if you can have "xyz"
permission.

Do you know what these controls do? If they use COM interop or native
code, I doubt your ISP will let you have those unmanaged code
permissions - that is essentially running with full trust.