Block Diagram / digraph Editor

MakaMaka

Hi,
Does anybody know of a good widget for wxpython, gtk, etc. that allows
the editing of block diagrams and make it easy to export the diagram as
a digraph? It has to be available under Windows. I want the user to
draw a series of blocks on a canvas, connect them with directional
arrows, and then a function will extract the digraph this represents
and do some graph traversal algorithms on it. Think DIA or VISIO w/
only a few blocks and connectors available. Any ideas? I'd rather not
build my own w/ OGL....

thanks,
-Justin

Nick Vatamaniuc

I was trying to create a small graph editor a while ago and was
looking for a similar thing. I found the diacanvas project
(http://diacanvas.sourceforge.net/) that does some of these things you
mentioned but for me it wasn't mature enough back then.

Then, I eventually settled on using the standard Canvas widget that
comes with Tkinter. The benefits are that Tkinter comes standard with
Python, and wx or gtk still don't have anything standard that comes
close to the Tk Canvas widget. With the Tk Canvas you will have to go
to a lower level than with diacanvas, and also _overall_ Tkinter is
behind other modern GUI kits out there.

Hope this helps,
Nick Vatamaniuc