Books/texts

Rodrigo Dominguez

Can you give me some recomendations about intermediate/avanzed texts/books
links for c programming?

Another question (I know that it's not c programming, but it's very related
to it). When you have to build a medium/big system with c, what do you use
to analyze the system? links/books?

Thank you very much

Rodrigo Dominguez

Dan Pop

In said:
Can you give me some recomendations about intermediate/avanzed texts/books
links for c programming?

K&R2. If, after mastering it and solving all the exercises you still feel
the need for a more advanced text, you can use the C standard.
Another question (I know that it's not c programming, but it's very related
to it). When you have to build a medium/big system with c, what do you use
to analyze the system? links/books?

My brain.

Dan

Nils Petter Vaskinn

In <[email protected]> Rodrigo Dominguez

K&R2. If, after mastering it and solving all the exercises you still
feel the need for a more advanced text, you can use the C standard.

Since he asked he probably didn't know that K&R2 is clc-speak for
Kernighan & Ritchie, The C programming language, second edition.

Now he does I hope.

Dan Pop

In said:
Since he asked he probably didn't know that K&R2 is clc-speak for
Kernighan & Ritchie, The C programming language, second edition.

It's well documented in the newsgroup's FAQ.

Dan

Kevin Goodsell

Rodrigo said:
Can you give me some recomendations about intermediate/avanzed texts/books
links for c programming?

Like Dan said, K&R2 is a must-have. If that doesn't kill enough trees
for you, check out C Unleashed by Richard Heathfield, et al.

Here's a page of C links:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/

That's about the only thing I found in my bookmarks, other than a link
to the FAQ for this group (which is also linked from the link given).

Random note about that link: the first thing it lists is a link to a
draft of the C99 standard. Look for a newer version, n869, instead. You
can probably find it with Google.
Another question (I know that it's not c programming, but it's very related
to it). When you have to build a medium/big system with c, what do you use
to analyze the system? links/books?

Not really sure what you mean by that. You can use static code analysis
tools like Splint to check for possible errors, if that's what you mean.
Creating a large system is largely a matter of finding a reasonable way
to break it down into smaller, modularized components, then often
repeating the process for those components until you are left with
manageable chunks (though you might have an unmanageably high number of
those chunks - but the point of modularization is that you only need to
worry about a small number of them at a time).

At least, that's one way of looking at it.

-Kevin