Both Python 2.5.2 and 2.7.2 flop the same way under Win 7

Alan Meyer

If you're having issues, grab a spare computer, throw Linux on it (I
recommend Ubuntu or Debian, others will have other preferred distros),
and see if the issues remain. Or if you're having trouble with the
GUI, try things from the command line (Windows's command interpreter
is pretty weak compared to bash, but it's plenty powerful enough).

ChrisA

If the OP is having trouble with this issue, and if he can't make
Windows work here, I suspect that he'll get into trouble trying to
install and test with Linux.

However if he did want to try it, and assuming he's got 8GB or so of
extra space, one easy way to test with Linux is to install VirtualBox,
then install Linux under that. I've done that a half dozen times
without hiccups. That way he doesn't need a second machine and doesn't
need to repartition or toss his old OS.

Alan