building a repeating control with template definition

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by RJN, Nov 25, 2008.

  1. RJN

    RJN Guest

    Hi

    I've a requirement of creating repeating controls similar to the one
    available in infopath form. The controls to repeat could be a
    combination of dropdown and check box or a combination of textbox and
    checkbox and so on. When I say insert item a new row should get added
    with any of the above templates.

    I would like to create a generic repeating control, where in I should be
    able to specify a control template and based on the control template
    definition, I should get a new row added. The generic control should
    take the template as property.

    Will it be possible to create a repeating control through javascript, so
    that I don't make a server side call when I insert a new item?

    Any pointers is appreciated.

    Thanks

    RJN, Nov 25, 2008