creating repeating control using templates

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by RJN, Nov 25, 2008.

  1. RJN

    RJN Guest

    Hi

    I've a requirement of creating repeating controls similar to the one
    available in infopath form. The controls to repeat could be a
    combination of dropdown and check box or a combination of textbox and
    checkbox and so on. When I say insert item a new row should get added
    with any of the above templates.

    I would like to create a generic repeating control, where in I should be
    able to specify a control template and based on the control template
    definition, I should get a new row added. The generic control should
    take the template as property.

    Will it be possible to create a repeating control through javascript, so
    that I don't make a server side call when I insert a new item?

    Any pointers is appreciated.

    Thanks

    RJN, Nov 25, 2008

  2. RJN

    bruce barker Guest

    you can do it in javascript. you might want to use one of the template
    libraries for javascript, as it make it easy. jquery has one, and microsoft
    has one in its futures ajax release

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 25, 2008