Cache Memory

rykardu

I'm working on a processor model written in vhdl and I'm looking for a
model for a cache memory written in vhdl.

The architecture of an embedded cache microarchitectureproposed by
Tannenbaum. This cache must be of type copy back, set associative
using two sets (2-way), with 64 positions, each set with a capacity to
store blocks of 4 words of 16 bits.

When a memory read is requested, the cache controller must determine
whether it is a success or a failure and if the block stored in the
cache is valid. If a hit, the word address must be supplied to the
processor. If one fails, the main memory to be accessed, the cache
should be refreshed and the bit of validity must be activated before
the word to be supplied to the processor.

When a write memory is requested, the cache controller must
immediately determine whether it is a success or a failure. If a hit,
the cache should be updated with the new word. If one fails, the cache
must be updated with the new block and then the new word must be
written in the cache.

The replacement policy chooses the set of blocks that used less often.
Only blocks that have been modified to be written back to main
memory.

This will need to add a bit of modification, indicating that that
block was changed while in cache. The cache control is done by the
microprogram. The main memory to the processor in question is 4K words
of 16 bits.

So, some components i have built but other not (for copy back,
data_buffer) etc.

I read here to try the website (www.gaisler.com) but 404.

tks

belchel01