Call for Participation Accellera VHDL Verification Features

Jim Lewis

Hi,
If you have strong verification skills and have used
a language such as SystemVerilog, e, Vera, or SystemC
for verification and would like to be able to use
VHDL, you should be participating in the Accellera
VHDL enhancments effort.

Some of the tasks on our list are adding OO, interfaces,
constrained random, functional coverage, verification
data structures, ...

You do not need to be an Accellera member to participate.
Go to the webpage
http://www.accellera.org/activities/vhdl/

Under join here, select the appropriate "click here"
link (Accellera member vs. non-member).

Non-Accellera members fill in your name and information
and send the request to Lynn Horobin, Administration & Marketing.
In the big text box, ask to join Accellera VHDL TSC,
VHDL Extensions subcommittee, and VHDL Requirements subcommittee.

Note that most decisions are made by consensus of all
participants. Only contentious items are decided by a
member based vote. In the last revision, I think there
were only 3 of over 100 items resolved this way.

Of course for those of you who belong to companies with
sufficient resources, membership in Accellera will help
fund the effort (mainly LRM editing task) and is greatly
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jim Lewis
VHDL and VHDL Standards Evangalist

Jim Lewis
Director of Training mailto:[email protected]
1-503-590-4787

Ajeetha

Jim,
I subscribed/sent an email via that page showing interest, didn't
hear back anything from anyone from the commitee? Is there another
channel that I should pursue?

Thanks
Ajeetha,CVC
www.noveldv.com