Callbacks when deleting self-referenced has_many?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sven S., Mar 22, 2010.

  1. Sven S.

    Sven S. Guest

    Hi

    I've come across a behavior which doesn't seem to be consistent. Let's
    assume the following models:

    class Client << ActiveRecord::Base
    has_many :resale_clients, :foreign_key => 'reseller_id'
    end

    class ResaleClient << Client
    belongs_to :client, :foreign_key => 'reseller_id'
    after_save :ack
    def ack
    puts "triggered"
    end
    end

    Now in the console (assuming two Client records exist in the db):

    Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

    Many thanks!!

    Sven S., Mar 22, 2010

  2. Sven S.