Can I change an existing Website into an AJAX enabled Website?

m.schaeffer

Hello,

my problem is, that if i create a new website with Visual Studio 2005
and I choose "AJAX enabled Website" everything works fine.

But if I try to do the same with an existing Website (AJAX Extesions
where installed later) the "AJAX"-functionality fails.
Though I have the AJAX Extensions in my Tool-Box and everything seems
ok it doesn`t work. I can drag and drop ScriptManager, UpdatePanels,
ContentTemplates ... but when I run the side no AJAX behavior is
implemented.

Thanks for your answers,
Markus

nahid

Hello,

my problem is, that if i create a new website with Visual Studio 2005
and I choose "AJAX enabled Website" everything works fine.

But if I try to do the same with an existing Website (AJAX Extesions
where installed later) the "AJAX"-functionality fails.
Though I have the AJAX Extensions in my Tool-Box and everything seems
ok it doesn`t work. I can drag and drop ScriptManager, UpdatePanels,
ContentTemplates ... but when I run the side no AJAX behavior is
implemented.

Thanks for your answers,
Markus

hi,

Compare "AJAX enabled Website" web.config and your web sites
web.config
some additional configuration need in case of ajax

hope you can fix

nahid
http://nahidulkibria.blogspot.com/
http://www.kaz.com.bd

rowe_newsgroups

Hello,

my problem is, that if i create a new website with Visual Studio 2005
and I choose "AJAX enabled Website" everything works fine.

But if I try to do the same with an existing Website (AJAX Extesions
where installed later) the "AJAX"-functionality fails.
Though I have the AJAX Extensions in my Tool-Box and everything seems
ok it doesn`t work. I can drag and drop ScriptManager, UpdatePanels,
ContentTemplates ... but when I run the side no AJAX behavior is
implemented.

Thanks for your answers,
Markus

Joe Stagner did one of his AJAX How-Do-I videos on this:

http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/view.aspx?tabid=63&id=81

Thanks,

Seth Rowe