Can I set user file security settings from web deployment project(*.msi)?

angelabinkowski

Hello,
I am creating a web setup project to spit out an .msi file so that
an end user can run the install and click a link that gets created on
their desktop to run the application. I assume nothing in terms of
their knowledge of how computers work, other than being able to click a
few things as told. My install works perfectly except that the Access
database that is used by my application has to have a few tweaks to
it's file security settings in order for my applicatiuon to work.

Specifically, I need to grant "Full Control" to the "Users" group
on the access database file. Is there a way to have this happen during
the install, perhaps by running a script that can access and make
changes to the file system on the user's PC? If not, can I do this in
my application code, perhaps in the Application_Start event?

Angela