Can not view ActiveX controls on IE

Fie Fie Niles

This one XP machine (with IE 6) is having a problem viewing any ActiveX
controls (created on VB6) on the Internet Explorer browser. I put the same
ActiveX control in a VB program, and when I run the VB program on that same
machine, I can view the ActiveX control fine. He is using Citrix.
The same ActiveX controls can be viewed on other machines.

When trying to view 1 of the ActiveX control, he got an error
"Visual Basic Run-time redist pack.
INF Install failure. Reason: Access is denied"

On another ActiveX control, the ActiveX control showed up as a box with a
red X on the left corner.

He logs in to his machine with his user id, which is an administrator on his
machine.
The following are the settings in his Internet Explorer :

ActiveX control and plug-ins
-Download Signed ActiveX controls -Prompt
-Download unsigned ActiveX controls - Disable
-Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe - Disable
-Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - Enable
-Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - Enable

Downloads
-File download - Enable

User Authentication
-Logon - Automatic logon only in Intranet Zone

The following is the code for the ASP page:
<object classid="clsid:E77F6134-B280-4516-9646-9F9E624D7451"
id="ctlTestBrowser1" codebase="TestBrowser.cab#version=1,0,0,0" VIEWASTEXT>
</object>

How can I fix this problem ? Thank you.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

What does this have to do with ASP? If you presented an <object> tag in a
ColdFusion page, would it suddenly become a ColdFusion problem?

I suggest you post to an Internet Explorer and/or ActiveX newsgroup.

Fie Fie Niles

I am sorry to post it here. I know it is not the ASP problem, but I thought
may be somebody who has worked with ASP has come across this problem before.
If anyone has, I would greatly appreciate if you can share the solution with
me. I posted it on the IE6 newsgroup, but I could not find ActiveX
newsgroup.
Thanks.