Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node

Charts

I am use Webcontrol treeview, and I followed examples in the msdn document to
format the treeview control.

<mytree:TreeView runat="server"
SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages" ID="Treeview1"
NAME="Treeview1" ONSELECTEDINDEXCHANGE="mySelectChangeFn" AutoPostBack="True"
DefaultStyle="font-name:Tahoma;font-size:10pt"
</ mytree:TreeView>

However the font does not change no matter what font name I specified in
font-name attribute. It always takes default. I am able to change font-size.
Please help.
Thanks,
Charts

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Charts,

Thanks for your posting.
As for the TreeView font setting problem, based on my local test , i seems
that I can not reproduce the problem. My local test has done the following
steps:

1. Not using TreeNodeSrc file , just hard code some TreeNodes and use the
TreeView's Default Style to assign the font style, something like:
====================
<iewc:TreeView id="TreeView1" runat="server" width="100%" height="100%"
AutoPostBack="True"
DefaultStyle="font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold;color:yellow;">
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node0">
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node5">
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node21">
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node57">
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node69"></iewc:TreeNode>
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node70"></iewc:TreeNode>
<iewc:TreeNode CheckBox="True" Text="Node71"></iewc:TreeNode>
</iewc:TreeNode>
=========================

2. Using the TreeNodeSrc and the treenode xml file you provided in the
former thread and use still use the DefaultStyle as above to spedify the
font setting.

both of them work well on my side. So currently I'm wondering whether this
is a environment specific problem or project specific. I suggest you try
testing the above code on your side or you can try using some different
machine ( also can create a new project) to see whether the behavior differ.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node
| Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:45:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| I am use Webcontrol treeview, and I followed examples in the msdn
document to
| format the treeview control.
|
| <mytree:TreeView runat="server"
| SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages" ID="Treeview1"
| NAME="Treeview1" ONSELECTEDINDEXCHANGE="mySelectChangeFn"
AutoPostBack="True"
| DefaultStyle="font-name:Tahoma;font-size:10pt"
| </ mytree:TreeView>
|
| However the font does not change no matter what font name I specified in
| font-name attribute. It always takes default. I am able to change
font-size.
| Please help.
| Thanks,
| Charts

Charts

Thanks Steven,
I am rushing for another project now, so I will study your instructions and
come back to the font issue later.
Charts

Charts

Hi Steven,
I wonder if you can answer this question for me very quickly. I’ll go ahead
posting too. I did that before but I cannot remember. How do I find out the
page name in ASP, which I am currently using? I remembered it’s in Server or
Application object collection, but could not find out. Thanks for help.
Charts

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Charts,

Thanks for your followup.
As for the
=================
How do I find out the
page name in ASP, which I am currently using?
================

Do you mean how to retrieve the page (currently executing )'s classname or
page's aspx file name?

For class name, you can simply use Page.GetType to retrieve it. For
underlying aspx page file name, the
HttpRequest.PhysicalPath property may helps, but this only works when you
haven't used UrlRewriting in your asp.net
web application.

Hope helps. Thanks,

> [...]

| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node
| > | Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:45:04 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
| > |
| > | I am use Webcontrol treeview, and I followed examples in the msdn
| > document to
| > | format the treeview control.
| > |
| > | <mytree:TreeView runat="server"
| > | SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages" ID="Treeview1"
| > | NAME="Treeview1" ONSELECTEDINDEXCHANGE="mySelectChangeFn"
| > AutoPostBack="True"
| > | DefaultStyle="font-name:Tahoma;font-size:10pt"
| > |
| > | However the font does not change no matter what font name I specified
in
| > | font-name attribute. It always takes default. I am able to change
| > font-size.
| > | Please help.
| > | Thanks,
| > | Charts
| > |
| > |

Charts

Thanks Steven,
That helps a lot. The font issue works too. I experienced some project
changes recently and did not response to you sooner. Sorry about that.
Thanks for your great help. Charts

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Charts,

Thanks for your followup.
As for the
=================
> [...]

| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node
| > | Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:45:04 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
| > |
| > | I am use Webcontrol treeview, and I followed examples in the msdn
| > document to
| > | format the treeview control.
| > |
| > | <mytree:TreeView runat="server"
| > | SystemImagesPath="/webctrl_client/1_0/treeimages" ID="Treeview1"
| > | NAME="Treeview1" ONSELECTEDINDEXCHANGE="mySelectChangeFn"
| > AutoPostBack="True"
| > | DefaultStyle="font-name:Tahoma;font-size:10pt"
| > |
| > | However the font does not change no matter what font name I specified
in
| > | font-name attribute. It always takes default. I am able to change
| > font-size.
| > | Please help.
| > | Thanks,
| > | Charts
| > |
| > |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Glad to hear the nice update from you.

Also thank you for choosing Microsoft !
Enjoy .NET!

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node
| Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:39:15 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| Thanks Steven,
| That helps a lot. The font issue works too. I experienced some project
| changes recently and did not response to you sooner. Sorry about that.
| Thanks for your great help. Charts
|

| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Charts,
| >
| > Thanks for your followup.
| > As for the
| > =================
| > How do I find out the
| > page name in ASP, which I am currently using?
| > ================
| >
| > Do you mean how to retrieve the page (currently executing )'s classname
or
| > page's aspx file name?
| >
| > For class name, you can simply use Page.GetType to retrieve it. For
| > underlying aspx page file name, the
| > HttpRequest.PhysicalPath property may helps, but this only works when
you
| > haven't used UrlRewriting in your asp.net
| > web application.
| >
| > Hope helps. Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Cannot change font in Webcontrol treeview node
| > | Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:04:01 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
| > |
| > | Hi Steven,
| > | I wonder if you can answer this question for me very quickly. Iâ€â„
¢ll go
| > ahead
| > | posting too. I did that before but I cannot remember. How do I find
out
| > the
| > | page name in ASP, which I am currently using? I remembered itâ€â„
¢s in
| > Server or
| > | Application object collection, but could not find out. Thanks for
help.
| > | Charts
| > |
| > |