Cannot run old ASP files in Windows 2003 Server R2 64 Bit

BuddyWork

I have old ASP pages that runs on Windows 2003 Server 32 Bit.

I now am trying to run them on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit. I get the error
HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

IIS is setup for 32 bit

In the web service extension for Active Server Pages I've allowed it.

When I change the ASP configuration to point to the
c:\windows\SysWOW64\asp.dll then I get Page Not Found error.

All I want is to run my legacy ASP pages on this box.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

BuddyWork said:
I have old ASP pages that runs on Windows 2003 Server 32 Bit.

I now am trying to run them on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit. I get the
error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

Show us the real error:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109
IIS is setup for 32 bit

In the web service extension for Active Server Pages I've allowed it.

When I change the ASP configuration to point to the
c:\windows\SysWOW64\asp.dll then I get Page Not Found error.

I have never had to do anything directly with asp.dll - is this just
something you are trying to make it work?
All I want is to run my legacy ASP pages on this box.
The only reasons I know for being unable to run asp files is covered in
this article:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-won-t-my-asp-pages-work-in-iis-6-0.html

If none of the above helps, you should probably post this to the IIS
group.

BuddyWork

Thanks for the response, please note that is the real error. I have unchecked
'Show friendly HTTP error messages'. That was my first root for
troubleshooting.