Can't get trace to work in 2.0

tshad

I have a page (which uses masterpages) that displays fine and shows the
trace details.

but when I do a postback to display my GridView, I get the message:

Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerParseErrorException: the message received
from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when
the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters,
HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Dtails: Error parsing ner 'rogress1"));
});

This page works fine until I set Trace="true" in my Page directive.

What would cause this?

It is obviously related to the Server.Trace as it says but how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Tom

Milosz Skalecki [MCAD]

Howdy,

I don't think MS AJAX works properly in conjunction with trace. To address
the issue, disable pageOutput in the web.config:
<trace enabled="true" pageOutput="false" requestLimit="1000"/>
Now, open a new browser window and navigate to following address:
http://yourlicawebsiteaddress/websitename/trace.axd
You should be able to see recent HTTP requests. Click on a request you are
interested in - done. The only disadvantage is you need to refresh the
trace.axd page manually.

Hope it helps