Can't locate Unix/Whereis.pm in @INC

kadoudal

Hi
I am new to Perl, and I try to run a Perl script which is giving me an
error on the first line :

use Unix::Whereis; => Can't locate Unix/Whereis.pm in @IN(...

(I believe a module is missing ... I am using the pre-installed Perl
on Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow)

should I need to add anything to my install ? (whereis command is
running welll in the console)
or just to add any path somewhere ?

thanks

[beginning of my Perl script]
----------
#!/usr/bin/perl

use Unix::Whereis;
my $ffmpeg = Unix::Whereis::whereis('ffmpeg', { 'fallback'
=gt; '1' }); # || or die "Could not find ffmpeg!";

[log error ]
Can't locate Unix/Whereis.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/
Updates/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/
5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/
Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /
Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-
multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /
System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/
Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .)

J. Gleixner

kadoudal said:
Hi
I am new to Perl, and I try to run a Perl script which is giving me an
error on the first line :

use Unix::Whereis; => Can't locate Unix/Whereis.pm in @IN(...

I can't locate it anywhere. Where did you see/find the documentation?
(I believe a module is missing ... I am using the pre-installed Perl
on Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow)

should I need to add anything to my install ? (whereis command is
running welll in the console) Hu?

or just to add any path somewhere ?

thanks

[beginning of my Perl script]
----------
#!/usr/bin/perl

use Unix::Whereis;
my $ffmpeg = Unix::Whereis::whereis('ffmpeg', { 'fallback'
=gt; '1' }); # || or die "Could not find ffmpeg!";

Jürgen Exner

kadoudal said:
I am new to Perl, and I try to run a Perl script which is giving me an
error on the first line :

use Unix::Whereis; => Can't locate Unix/Whereis.pm in @IN(...

(I believe a module is missing ...

That seems to be an accurate observation.
I am using the pre-installed Perl
on Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow)

should I need to add anything to my install ?

Apparently yes.

However, I can't find said module anywhere, either. It is not on CPAN
(http://search.cpan.org/), so most likely it is a private module and you
will have to ask at the place where you got your program.
(whereis command is
running welll in the console)

The one has nothing to do with the other.
or just to add any path somewhere ?

Possible. Search for Whereis.pm. Maybe you are lucky and you got it
somewhere already.

jue