Julia De Silva

Hi there all,

I'm getting
index.cgi: Can't locate warnings.pm in @INC ..............
when running script on this server.

Perl Executable: perl
Perl Version: 5.00503
PERL compile version OS: linux

The script does not contain -w on Shebang line, nor does
it have uses Warnings; (Perl 5.6 onwards ?)

but it has

use CGI qw:)standard);
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
use DBI;
use Time::localtime;
my $q = new CGI;

Any ideas please thanks.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Julia said:
I'm getting
index.cgi: Can't locate warnings.pm in @INC ..............
when running script on this server.
**
*Perl Executable:*
perl
*Perl Version:* 5.00503

The warnings pragma was introduced in Perl 5.6.0.
The script does not contain -w on Shebang line,

That's irrelevant, since it's how warnings often are enabled in programs
written for pre 5.6.0 versions (-w does not require warnings.pm).
nor does
it have uses Warnings; (Perl 5.6 onwards ?)

but it has

use CGI qw:)standard);
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
use DBI;
use Time::localtime;

It would surprise me if any of those modules requires 5.006, but the
answer is probably in the complete error message.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Gunnar said:
It would surprise me if any of those modules requires 5.006,

Noticed that the latest version of DBI does require 5.006... Maybe
somebody has upgraded that module without upgrading the version of Perl
accordingly.

But, again, no reason to keep guessing. Read the _complete_ error message.

Julia De Silva

use CGI qw:)standard);
Noticed that the latest version of DBI does require 5.006... Maybe
somebody has upgraded that module without upgrading the version of Perl
accordingly.

But, again, no reason to keep guessing. Read the _complete_ error message.

Many thanks for your help. The answer is below and you are exactly right !!
Sometimes, if I could just read the obvious ..... Sorry 'bout that. Now to
get on the phone to the ISP.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm line 20.