Can't 'register' to Cheese Shop from command line..only web + egg dependency question

seberino

I seem to be able to register and upload from web site but not command
line. Command line register attempts keep giving " Server response
(401): Authorization Required"

Any ideas?

& What must I do to make installation of my egg also install
dependencies? I did an install and noticed other eggs didn't come
along for
the ride.

Chris

Adam Jones

I seem to be able to register and upload from web site but not command
line. Command line register attempts keep giving " Server response
(401): Authorization Required"

Any ideas?

You probably need to set up a .pypirc file in your home directory. Info
here:
http://www.python.org/~jeremy/weblog/030924.html
& What must I do to make installation of my egg also install
dependencies? I did an install and noticed other eggs didn't come
along for
the ride.

Your setup.py file should have a "install_requires" parameter to the
setup function. Most likely it is a list. Add the names of the projects
you are trying to require and (optionally) the version. Here is a
sample:

install_requires = [ "FooBar", # installs latest version
of 'FooBar'
"Stump >= 1.0b2"], # installs 'Stump' of
version 1.0b2 or later

Full docs on this are here:
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools

-Adam