Capture/send video and audio via asp.net . Does WCF help?

Jens Jensen

Hello,
I'm looking for ways to build a web chat application that can also send
audio and video without using flash or any com component.

I will use ajax though. But my concerns are, weather i can gain anything
from WCF.

Any comment will highly appreciated.

Thanks
JJ

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Think of WCF as a replacement for web services, at least in context of
network wide P2P communication. If you are using web services now, you will
have an easy switch. If you want an Ajax transport, you will have to rewrite
everything for WCF, unless you really abstract the transport. Even then, you
are probably stuck with some Ajax infrastructure that will not easily port.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

browsers have no native suppport for sound or video. you will need a plugin
of some sort to do this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Jens Jensen

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) said:
browsers have no native suppport for sound or video. you will need a
plugin of some sort to do this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Very interesing,
Does this mean, there is no way i can achieve this with ar .Net only
solution?

Can smart clients help?

Thanks
JJ