    Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ibrahim.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2006

  2. re:
    That means that the SMTP server is not available.
    Check to see if it's running and if the port is available.

    Why are you using system.web.mail, instead of the 2.0-native system.net.mail ?

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 26, 2006

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for prompt response.

    The scenario is that the mail server is working fine, because it is used for
    outlook express / outlook mail clients also. In these clients the mail is
    firing.

    But when I use these mail server in CDO.messaging function, i get the error.

    It was working earlier, but suddently started giving the error.

    any inputs will be welcome.

    Thanks,

    Ibrahim

    Guest, Jul 26, 2006

    sloan Guest

    I have a 2.0 downloadable code example at
    spaces.msn.com/sholliday/

    I have the 3 methods of authentication in the example as well.

    You should post the servername/ip of the smtp machine youre trying to use
    also.

    sloan, Jul 26, 2006