change the Internet explorer window title using C#

imad.sabonji

HI

I am using Visual Studio.Net 2003 and using C#

I would like to know how is it possible to change the Internet
explorer window title?

ie. i want to get rid of "Microsot Internet Explorer" that appears
after my application name on the title bar and if possible, get rid of
the IE logo at the start of the address bar.

Guest

HI

I am using Visual Studio.Net 2003 and using C#

I would like to know how is it possible to change the Internet
explorer window title?

ie. i want to get rid of "Microsot Internet Explorer" that appears
after my application name on the title bar and if possible, get rid of
the IE logo at the start of the address bar.

F11

P.S.

This is the wrong group for this question

Ray Costanzo

From a web development perspective, you absolutely cannot change this. From
a network administrator's perspective, sure, that can be changed. What I
mean is that you can change it on YOUR computer or any other computer on
which you have admin rights. But, your Web site can have no control over
this.

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/ie_tips.htm#titlebar

Ray at work

imad.sabonji

I know that i can change that on my pc or any other one on the
network. But i thought that there might be some code that would change
it or just eliminate it.

Do you know if it is possible to ask microsoft about this?? and how to
do that??
The thing is that i have a web application and i want to control what
is shown on the title bar.
There must be some code or setting that would force IE not to mention
'microsoft internet explorer'.

Thanks for the help

Microsoft likes their branding and doesn't want you to get rid of their logo
and product name. There used to be a way to open a window with no title bar
but it was abused so MS had to get rid of that feature.
What is it you're trying to accomplish exactly? Is there something wrong
with people knowing they are using IE?
A you trying to create a kiosk-style application? If so, you could slap
together your own web browser using the windows forms web browser control...

Joey

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

You can programmatically change the html document/page title, but it
will take just a little bit of work. You need to make the <title> tag
into an html control, like this... <title id="MyPageTitle"
runat="server"></title>. You can then add a signature for it at the
top of your code behind file and access it in your
code...this.MyPageTitle.InnerHtml = "Whatever title you want". asp.net
2.0 makes all of this much easier as this functionality is already
built in.

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,
You can programmatically change the html document/page title, but it
will take just a little bit of work. You need to make the <title> tag
into an html control, like this... <title id="MyPageTitle"
runat="server"></title>. You can then add a signature for it at the
top of your code behind file and access it in your
code...this.MyPageTitle.InnerHtml = "Whatever title you want". asp.net
2.0 makes all of this much easier as this functionality is already
built in.

That was, however, not the question. The user wants to remove the
"Microsot Internet Explorer" part of the Title, which cannot be changed,
not in HTML and also not by JavaScript.

Laurent

imad.sabonji

thank you all for your help, especially mark.
Yes i think that it is impossible,
regards
imad