Checking Sound Input Availability at Microphone.

NightCrawler

Hi,
I am doing a project in which I need to deal with Sound input/
output.
I am able to play a wave file, and also able to take input from the
microphone and play it back.
To play live data I just keep on dumping the bytes read from
microphone to a stream, and then play it as required. It doesn't
mater
that if mic is really getting input or the person holding mic is
silent.
Now my problem is, after starting the TargetDataLine, as soon
as that
person starts speaking/making some sound, I need to do somethings, I
am stuck a bit here, not able to find any event that will tell me so,
plz help me.
I'll be Thankful for the solution...

Mark Space

NightCrawler said:
Hey Guys Plz help me...

I don't remember seeing anything like this in the API. You likely have
to fill buffers (a Clip class, if I remember correctly) and scan the
contents yourself for whether anything was record in the buffer that you
want to hear and transmit.