Child window property window.opener null after postback

MrFez

I have an webform from which I open a child window to display a calendar.
When a date is selected in the calendar window it attempts to set the value
of a textbox in the main (parent) window by using the window.opener property
to reference the textbox.

Everything works fine initially. However if the the main window does a
postback and the calendar is re-opened, its window.opener property will
always be null.

So: BEFORE main window executes a postback the calendar can be opened,
close, and re-opened many times and window.opener is set properly.

AFTER main window does a postback (another button was clicked) the calendar
window can be opened but it cannot return a value because window.opener is
always null.

Note, this seems to be primarily a problem with Windows XP SP2 clients.
Windows Server 2003 SP1 clients do not seem to have this problem.

Any ideas?

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCP]

Hi,
I think problem is caused by another reason. For example test the case given
below. This should always work. it is not important ASP.NET/html. Because in
your case always client side is executed.

"opener.html"

<head>
</head>

"child.html"