Clicking cancel affects more than one row in edit mode

John Dalberg

I have master/detail datagrids where each master row has a detail datagrid.
I have included a linkbutton in the child datagrid's footer to add a new
row. If I click on the add link in more than one child datagrid, each grid
gets a new row with an update/cancel options of the edit template. So far
so good.

However if I click cancel on one child datagrid, all the new rows of all
the child datagrids get cancelled too. I am not sure why this is happening.
I am using the code from this kb:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815004

I verified that the DataGridSub_CancelCommand event gets fired only once.
So my guess was that maybe all the child datagrids have the same uniqueid
but it doesn't look like it's the case.

Any ideas?

John Dalberg