Column order and dynamically created columns

MattB

Hi. I have a page with a DataGrid on it that I do not want to make
completely dynamic, but I'd like to be able to dynamically insert a
column under certain circumstances. I don't want to make the DataGrid
completely dynamic because this application gets distributed in a
compiled state (no codebehind files) and the people who get it need to
be able change the formatting properties in the aspx pages.

So based on some web articles I've seen on creating DG's dynamically, I
think I can just dynamically add a column, but is there a way I can
position that column between two existing (static bound) columns instead
of just having it end up on the far left?

Thanks!

Matt

MattB

MattB said:
Hi. I have a page with a DataGrid on it that I do not want to make
completely dynamic, but I'd like to be able to dynamically insert a
column under certain circumstances. I don't want to make the DataGrid
completely dynamic because this application gets distributed in a
compiled state (no codebehind files) and the people who get it need to
be able change the formatting properties in the aspx pages.

So based on some web articles I've seen on creating DG's dynamically, I
think I can just dynamically add a column, but is there a way I can
position that column between two existing (static bound) columns instead
of just having it end up on the far left?

Thanks!

Matt

Whoops - that was easy. I solved it myself. For anyone else wondering,
there's a great little method of the Columns collection called AddAt
that allows you to specify the column position:

Dim Max4Col As New BoundColumn
Max4Col.HeaderText = "Remaining"
Max4Col.DataField = "qty_rem"
ItemGrid.Columns.AddAt(1, Max4Col)