COM+ error during web application serving

R

Rich Sonn.

I am running Windows 2003 Server on a Dell PowerEdge 6500 server. We use the box primarily as an IIS server. An intermittent error is occuring that hangs the current ASP session (but not the ASP application). The application event log shows the error I've pasted below. This is our only 2003 box; all the other servers in our office are Windows 2000 Server boxes. The IIS application uses a C++ COM component, as well as ADODB for SQL Server access.

Since the error in the event log is pretty low level (pointing to a line in the com+ source) I thought reinstalling COM+ might be worth a try. Does someone have a suggestion about how to go about diagnosing this problem? Thanks in advance

Event Type: Erro
Event Source: COM
Event Category: Unknow
Event ID: 468
Date: 5/21/200
Time: 5:42:17 P
User: N/
Computer: OA
Description
The run-time environment has detected an inconsistency in its internal state. This indicates a potential instability in the process that could be caused by the custom components running in the COM+ application, the components they make use of, or other factors. Error in d:\nt\com\complus\src\comsvcs\threads\stawork.cpp(156), hr = 80010108: Callback failure handled by IAsyncErrorNotif

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Ask a Question