Compiler Error: [No relevant source lines]

clintonG

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\MyProjectName\331c872a\fd27ed37\App_Code.wg0_ken7.dll' could not be
found

[No relevant source lines]

That's the only error I get when VS2005 goes boom. This is really bugging me
big time as I often have to reboot several times a day because VS2005 will
not compile the page and locks the directory where the temporary files are
located so I can't delete without rebooting the computer before I can delete
the temporary files directory to get back to work.

I've briefly discussed this a week or so ago and still no pertinent
information or any means to avoid having to reboot has come forth. I can't
cope with having to reboot the entire machine every time my code has an
error in it and I can't justify rebuilding an entire new disk at the moment.

I wonder if anybody understands what is going on and how it may be resolved.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

Jim Cheshire

clintonG said:
Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\MyProjectName\331c872a\fd27ed37\App_Code.wg0_ken7.dll' could
not be found

Clinton,

Why don't you open a case with Microsoft? I'm sure our guys can figure that
out.

--
Jim Cheshire
================================

Latest entry:
Getting the PID and TID of a COM Call

Describes how to get the PID of the
dllhost process a COM call is executing
in and how to locate the thread as well.

clintonG

I may do that but my last experience with "the guys" was even worse than the
problem and it had something to do with 2.0 I might add. I've got Filemon
running and in a day or so if it doesn't give me any clues at least it might
prove useful if I open an incident.

<%= Clinton Gallagher

Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Incredibly helpful there

Jim Cheshire said:
clintonG wrote:
> Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
> 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
> Files\MyProjectName\331c872a\fd27ed37\App_Code.wg0_ken7.dll' could
> not be found

Clinton,

Why don't you open a case with Microsoft? I'm sure our guys can figure that
out.

--
Jim Cheshire
Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/jamesche

Latest entry:
Getting the PID and TID of a COM Call

Describes how to get the PID of the
dllhost process a COM call is executing
in and how to locate the thread as well.

Apologies for asking this but have you tried stopping the page from running by clicking in the system tray? You get this error when the code is still running.

(Apologies if this is a stupid answer but I have to rule out the simple things first)