Compressing Business Objects through web service

Chris Kennedy

I will be using web services to serve up business object. I would like to
compress them. We have a 3rd party dll for this but I don't want to always
have to remember to write the line of code for every web method. Is there
any way of "routing" all data served up through web service through a
compression routine. The same would apply to decompression.

Gregory A. Beamer

I will be using web services to serve up business object. I would like
to compress them. We have a 3rd party dll for this but I don't want to
always have to remember to write the line of code for every web
method. Is there any way of "routing" all data served up through web
service through a compression routine. The same would apply to
decompression.

Not unless it is done at the server level, which means the actual web
server (most likely IIS with some third party library) is doing the
compression.