    Now I use a proxy to access the internet. How can I however connect to
    the remote database?

    Thanks in advance,

    ver_for, Aug 31, 2005

  2. ver_for

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Have you read the documentation for the module you're using?

    perldoc DBI

    Searching through that for the word 'proxy' reveals this snippet:
    If the environment variable DBI_AUTOPROXY is defined (and the driver
    $data_source is not "Proxy") then the connect request will
    automatically be changed to:

    $ENV{DBI_AUTOPROXY};dsn=$data_source

    DBI_AUTOPROXY is typically set as "dbi:proxy:hostname=...;port=...". If
    $ENV{DBI_AUTOPROXY} doesn't begin with 'dbi:' then "dbi:proxy:" will be
    prepended to it first. See the DBD::proxy documentation for more
    details.

    I suggest you follow the advice therein, and take a look at the
    DBD::proxy documentation.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Aug 31, 2005