Contacting Toshi Hirooka (tosik) about using Rulang

Chuck Vose

I'm going to be using RulangBridge by Toshi Hirooka (tosik) in my
project but I can't get ahold of him/her to ascertain licensing
permissions. If anyone knows tosik or can speak/read enough japanese
to find an email address I would be most grateful as I have a few
patches and a gem to contribute to the community as soon as I know
whether it's okay or not.

The original page is at http://code.google.com/p/rulangbridge/ and
I've sent an email to (e-mail address removed) hoping that his username
is the same as him email but I've not gotten a response. I'm not sure
if this is because it's not the correct email or because he doesn't
speak English or something else.

Any advice or help is appreciated,
Sincerely,
Chuck Vose

John Joyce

I'm going to be using RulangBridge by Toshi Hirooka (tosik) in my
project but I can't get ahold of him/her to ascertain licensing
permissions. If anyone knows tosik or can speak/read enough japanese
to find an email address I would be most grateful as I have a few
patches and a gem to contribute to the community as soon as I know
whether it's okay or not.

The original page is at http://code.google.com/p/rulangbridge/ and
I've sent an email to (e-mail address removed) hoping that his username
is the same as him email but I've not gotten a response. I'm not sure
if this is because it's not the correct email or because he doesn't
speak English or something else.

Any advice or help is appreciated,
Sincerely,
Chuck Vose
Looks like the last update to that wiki was May 23rd, so it may be
languishing forgotten.
You might just try joining the project and see if you get a response,
but you might need a little Japanese skill for communication...

Chuck Vose

Looks like the last update to that wiki was May 23rd, so it may be
languishing forgotten.
You might just try joining the project and see if you get a response,
but you might need a little Japanese skill for communication...

Thanks for the advice. This project requires that the owner add me to
the list of maintainers so I have to find a way to contact him first.
My current hope is that it really is GPL2 as the Google page suggests
in which case I can just fork and be happy. But the code lacks any
mention of the GPL so I'm a little worried.

It's not something that really matters, but I would hate for people to
start using the code only to find out that it was actually copyright
by someone. I suppose in that case we could always just reprogram it.

Thanks again for the advice,
Chuck Vose