content is not allowed between the opening and closing tags

steve

I get "content is not allowed between the opening and closing tags" in
the visual studio 2005 IDE in relation to a Telerik RadTabstrip
control, when I switch from design to source view. I cant switch back
to design view from source view - I get the error "Cannot switch to
Design View because of errors on the page.

I seem to recall something about XHTM settings here? Has anyone
experienced this error & solved it?

Hans Olav Stjernholm

That error is usually shown when you insert text or markup inside asp or
html elements that doesn't allow content.

for example the asp:label control: <asp:label ID="label1" runat="server"
Text="Hi"></asp:label>.
If you try to put the "Hi" text whitin the <asp:label> tag, you'll get that
error.

'Hans Olav.

steve

That error is usually shown when you insert text or markup inside asp or
html elements that doesn't allow content.

for example the asp:label control: <asp:label ID="label1" runat="server"
Text="Hi"></asp:label>.
If you try to put the "Hi" text whitin the <asp:label> tag, you'll get that
error.

'Hans Olav.

No that is not the problem. Iwish it were that simple. This is a
standard placement of the Telerik RadTabscrip control onto a asp.net
user control.