convert different video format (avi,mpeg,mp4, etc) file to a flash format

solomon_13000

How do I actually convert different video format (avi,mpeg,mp4, etc)
file to a flash format and view it as flash? People would upload their
video files on my server and my server will do the conversion
automatically to flash format. When people preview the video files,
they would see them in flash. I am interested to use visual c++ to do
the conversion. How is it done?

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Regards

Eugene

mlimber

How do I actually convert different video format (avi,mpeg,mp4, etc)
file to a flash format and view it as flash? People would upload their
video files on my server and my server will do the conversion
automatically to flash format. When people preview the video files,
they would see them in flash. I am interested to use visual c++ to do
the conversion. How is it done?

Step one: locate a third-party library to do it for you, or write your
own (I'd suggest the former). To that end, see this FAQ:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/class-libraries.html#faq-37.9

All remaining steps are off-topic here where we discuss the C++
language proper, not arbitrary applications thereof (see
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).

Cheers! --M