Cookie Redirect Script

?

--------

Hello

I've been looking for a small snippet of code which I haven't had much luck
finding. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a script that might be able
to do the following for me:

On my website, I get quite a bit of 404 traffic. What I was looking for is
the first time a surfer goes to the 404 page, it will redirect the user to
http://www.page1.htm. At the same time, it would place a cookie on his pc.

Should the user come back and get a 404 page within X hours (A number I'd
configure), the second time, he would be redirected to http://www.page2.htm.
If he came back a third time, he would go to http://www.page3.htm.

If X=24 hours, and 24 hours passes and the user comes back and gets a 404
page, the whole process would start again and this time he would go back to
http://www.page1.htm.

Thank you