Could not find J2SE SDK installed in path: <I specified wherejava.exe is present>

Naveen

Hi Everyone,

I tried to install ORACLE SQL DEVELOPER, it needs to specify the full
path where java.exe is present. I tried with searching all java.exe
files present in my PC, but in all the case it popped up as error
saying that "Could not find J2SE SDK installed in path: <I specified
where java.exe is present>"...

I couldn't find out what exactly is the cause...

Please help me...

Dirk Michaelsen

Naveen said:
I tried to install ORACLE SQL DEVELOPER, it needs to specify the full
path where java.exe is present. I tried with searching all java.exe
files present in my PC, but in all the case it popped up as error
saying that "Could not find J2SE SDK installed in path: <I specified
where java.exe is present>"...

I couldn't find out what exactly is the cause...

two possible problems:

1. Don't specify the directory in which you found java.exe but the
directory above that. E.g. Java SDK is installed in C:\Java then
java.exe is located in C:\Java\bin. Then the installation path of the
SDK is C:\Java and not C:\Java\bin.

2. The directory in which you found java.exe doesn't contain a SDK but
a JRE. To verify that there is a SDK installed you have to look if
there is a file javac.exe present in the same directory as java.exe.

Dirk