create web application remotely

Evan Camilleri

how can I create a web application remotely?

i have access to a server and would like to create a web-application in a
folder - if it is my IIS then i right click, properties and press create
application

BUT how can i do this remotely?? and what rights/ports do i need

Evan Camilleri

Guest

The best way is to create and test locally and then deploy to the remote
server, as remote debugging is a pain, at best. If you absolutely need to
develop remotely, supply the URL when you create the project and it will
allow you, if you have permissions, to create.

I would still advice develop local and deploy remote, if possible, as it is
far less prone to major headaches.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Evan Camilleri

That's what I did.. So DEPLOY should have worked. I think ISP gave me FTP
password which is useless for this thing!!

Evan