Createing a Latitude / Longitude Database ?

Mel Smith

Hi:

(I'm a Google Maps newbie: I have created a web page that shows the
homes in my seniors community, and yesterday, thru javascript, was able to
place 'markers' on various homes)

I have approx 600 addresses in my community (Arizona, USA). The
addresses are properly formatted for the Google Geocoder. These addresses
are currently in my own database (xBase not SQL).

As a _one time_ task, I wish to:

1. Pick out the each of addresses serially from my database.
2. Pass the address to the web site:
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=some+address&sensor=falso
3. Capture the json output programmatically (I use a C-based
language: Harbour, but can use/understand javascript in an elementary
sense).
4. Pick out the Latitude and Longitude from the result (e.g.,
latlng=results[0].geometry.location)
5. Place the result in my database in a field beside the street
address.
6. Start at step 1 above until finished

Can someone help me with step 3. (Step 2 is a bit of a programming task
too). ?

Thank you.

Mel Smith

Mel Smith said:
As a _one time_ task, I wish to:

1. Pick out the each of addresses serially from my database.
2. Pass the address to the web site:

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=some+address&sensor=falso
3. Capture the json output programmatically (I use a C-based
language: Harbour, but can use/understand javascript in an elementary
sense).
4. Pick out the Latitude and Longitude from the result (e.g.,
latlng=results[0].geometry.location)
5. Place the result in my database in a field beside the street
address.
6. Start at step 1 above until finished

Hi:

After some puzzling and head-scratching, and programming this morning,
I've solved my own problem, and am building my own harbour proggie that does
the tasks above.

I'll post my completed program solution later (if anyone wishes) -- but
basically:

I used my tIP librairies to vist the site, receive the response
(i.e., the 'results' json data), then parse it to pick out the stuff I nedd
(i.e., the lat and lng)

Sorry to trouble you.