Creating a field that cannot be edited through the ui of the form.

Jerry Manner

Hi

I want to create fileds on my form that can not be manually edited
through the UI of the form. Instead the (visible) content is changed
through changes on other parts of the form. So actually you could say
that it is more a label that changes baased on an event on the form.
e.g. making a selection from a list changes the content of the field
mentioned above.
I don't know the html code to create such a field on my form. Can
anyone help me out?

Regards

Adrienne

Hi

I want to create fileds on my form that can not be manually edited
through the UI of the form. Instead the (visible) content is changed
through changes on other parts of the form. So actually you could say
that it is more a label that changes baased on an event on the form.
e.g. making a selection from a list changes the content of the field
mentioned above.
I don't know the html code to create such a field on my form. Can
anyone help me out?

Regards

So, if someone chooses let's say, Los Angeles, the state field is
automatically updated to reveal California? You want something in
javascript, but please make sure you are doing something server side for
those users without javascript.