Creating iHttpModule

Guest

Hi,
I have created a HttpModule to do some preprocessing for a web
application. This preprocessing is to be done before each page of the
application is loaded. I have created a separate project compiled it and
added a reference to it in the web application. The code is working fine.
Now i need to deploy this ihhtpModule in the GAC. I have added the
following lines of code in the web.config file of the web application
<httpModules>
<add name="Authenticate" type="myModules.AuthModule, Authenticate" />
</httpModules>
where Authenticate is my dll name, myModules is the namespace and AuthModule
is the class name. This works fine when i use a local copy of the httpModule
but throws an error when i deploy the same in the GAC.
I have added these lines in the web.config file to refer to the GAC.
<assemblies>
<add assembly="Authenticate, version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=d1a87f2cb11b878f" />
</assemblies>
Anybody with any idea as to how i can resolve this issue please help.

Thanks

Karl Seguin

What's the problem? It's unclear. Is it still not working even though
you've specified the strong name? Are you asking why you need to specify
the strong name?

Karl