Data Components

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JMehta, Nov 30, 2008.

  1. JMehta

    JMehta Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to implement the solution from the
    Walkthrough: Updating Data Using a Database Update Query in Web Forms

    In the walkthrough we are requested to
    From the Data tab of the Toolbox, drag a SqlConnection object onto the page.

    I don't see SqlConnection object in my Toolbox Data tab. I right clicked
    the Data tab and selected "Choose Items", then clicked on the SqlCommand,
    SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter, then OK, however I still do not see these
    objects in my Toolbox.

    I then added the following statement to my MasterPage, but still no help.
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %>

    Note, I am using a Master page and trying this walkthrough app on the
    Contents page.

    Can you please tell me how I can have these tools displayed in my toolbox?

    I am using .Net 2.0, SQL 2005

    JMehta, Nov 30, 2008