Data form wizard

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zal, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Zal

    Zal Guest

    hi,
    i would like someone to confirm something for me, i have the trail
    edition of vs.net2003 which i will upgrade to the standard
    edition,once i get it through the post. ive been looking at a book
    which guides you through the process of developing asp.net apps. the
    section dealing with form wizards is not how it is on my trail
    edition. when i go to create a data form wizard the last dialogue i
    see is where i can chose my tables and columns, there is a next button
    but it is greyed out, so i have to click the finish button, my issue
    is i do not want to use the data form wizard to create a datagrid but
    to all the data to be bound to indivdual controls(in my case each
    feild to a textbox)

    could someone please verify that this is an element which is missing
    from the trail edition of vs.net2003, and if it isnt supossed to be
    missing, how is i set it up wrong, .when i installed (vs.net2003)from
    the dvd i follwed everything to a T and let it install every little
    aspect.

    Zal
    Any help much appreciated Thanxz

    Zal, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Zal

    Cor Ligthert Guest

    Hi Zal,

    As far as I know is the dataform wizard not aspnet.

    Also I see that it is seldom used and a lot who are busy a long time with
    VB.net and C# do not even know about it.

    However, I think your question is more for newsgroups as
    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb or the same but than with csharp, vc,
    or without the languages vjsharp depening on the language you use.

    I hope this helps

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert, Apr 13, 2004