debugging an executable file

aryan singhania

I have an unmanaged executable file named fg3.exe. It is not included
in solution of any project in VC++. I have to debug it to get the
details of how it works. It converts a 2d image to 3d. So i need to
see how it converts that 2d image to 3d. And also in what format does
it store that image to get 3d output. And one more thing all this i
need to do in Visual Studio 2005.
thanks for helping.

Victor Bazarov

I have an unmanaged executable file named fg3.exe. It is not included
in solution of any project in VC++. I have to debug it to get the
details of how it works. It converts a 2d image to 3d. So i need to
see how it converts that 2d image to 3d. And also in what format does
it store that image to get 3d output. And one more thing all this i
need to do in Visual Studio 2005.

Then ask in 'microsoft.public.vc.ide_general. This newsgroup is about
the *programming language*, not how to crack somebody's executable.

DDD

Build fg3.exe with pdb debug information. Then, you can just create a
project in VS and add the sourcefile of fg3.exe the project. Now,
everything is ok