gdb python core dump file : not in executable format: File format not

Wesley

Hi guys,
Today I am debugging an issue related to memory leak.
I use gdb 7.7 and python 2.7.6 to generate one core dump file from production env.

And then, just use gdb to debug the coredump upon the same machine.
Got error that seems not support debug core file using pyton?

Here is snippet:
[root@localhost server]# gdb --core memleak.core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.7
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
[New LWP 25738]
[New LWP 25739]
[New LWP 25740]
[New LWP 25745]
[New LWP 25746]
[New LWP 25747]
[New LWP 25635]
Core was generated by `python'.
#0 0x00000030016e15e3 in ?? ()
(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver.py
"/root/server/deviceserver.py": not in executable format: File format not recognized
(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver
/root/server/deviceserver: No such file or directory.
(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver.py
"/root/server/deviceserver.py": not in executable format: File format not recognized
(gdb)

Wesley

在 2014å¹´4月15日星期二UTC+8上åˆ3æ—¶37分58秒,[email protected]写é“:
Does this help?

http://plasmodic.github.io/ecto/ecto/usage/external/debugging.html

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsDebugging

http://downloads.conceptive.be/downloads/camelot/doc/sphinx/build/advanced/debug.html

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7123814.html

#0  0x00000030016e15e3 in ?? ()

(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver.py

"/root/server/deviceserver.py": not in executable format: File format notrecognized

(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver

/root/server/deviceserver: No such file or directory.

(gdb) file /root/server/deviceserver.py

"/root/server/deviceserver.py": not in executable format: File format notrecognized

(gdb)

Yeah, I use gdb --args /usr/local/bin/python ../xxx.py --core xxx.core
Then, 'run' to start script.
However, the core dump file is actually from a memory leak process,which use 1.2 G momory, but now, through info proc, I got proc id, and then, shell pmap proc_id, only 650M, so, seems this is new started proc, not reload envfrom the core file.

Anything wrong?

Thanks.
Wesley